Thursday, March 17, 2011

Day 37: Blood Points Argument

Agenda-
Homeroom
Class: Creative Writing
Class: Pre-AP Sophomore English
Class: AP Senior English
Lunch
Study Hall

Today I gave out the final project for the sophomores. They were so excited about it that they were talking to their group members about what they were going to do for it rather than listen to me explain it to them. I had to threaten to take away Blood Points to get their attention back. I managed to get them back on track and gave them the last bit of class to work on it. They also finished Act V today. There was much fighting at the board for parts. It is amazing to me how much this Blood Challenge has really worked to motivate them to participate. I did get a few complaints from the other groups. They were upset that the group of 5 was in the lead and they wanted me to take 25% of that teams points and distribute them evenly to the other 3 groups simply because that group had an extra member. I wasn’t going to. In fact I told them they had a chance to get 500 points in the last challenge and if they took bigger roles or got to class earlier then maybe they would get a chance to get in the lead. They are crazy if they think I am going to take points from a team simply because that team is larger. In the other class the larger team isn’t winning. So it isn’t like the teams of 4 have no way to win.

No comments:

Post a Comment