Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Day 30: Act II Predictions

Agenda-
Homeroom
Class: Pre-AP Sophomore English
Free Period
Class: AP Senior English
Lunch
Seminar

Today the last group did their presentations. I gave them 50 points because they had a very informative slide show and another 50 points for testing out the curse in the auditorium. They decided to take everyone down to the auditorium where we all screamed Macbeth very loudly to see if anything bad would happen. Some people then did the removal of the curse where you spin around in a circle three times. After that we went back to class and I asked for my actors to stand in front of the room. We went through Act II with me stopping them every now and then to review what was going on in the play with them. They were fairly good at explaining to me what was happening and even when they couldn’t they could guess. After they were finished with the Act, I had them do an activity where they make predictions about what will happen next in the play. Some of their predictions were good. Some were very close to the real thing. Many of them were the same. They all seem to think that Macbeth is going to get caught. I can’t wait to see what they make of what actually happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment