Friday, March 11, 2011

Day 33: Predictions, Act III and Blogs

Agenda-
Homeroom
Class: Creative Writing
Class: Pre-AP Sophomore English
Class: AP Senior English
Lunch
Study Hall

The class today presented their predictions for Act III and then I told them we would read Act III and do a challenge Tuesday if we finished the Act. Their predictions were very good. Tori guessed correctly that Banquo would become suspicious of Macbeth. She also came up with a brilliant costuming idea for Macbeth and Lady Macbeth. She said she would dress Macbeth in red to represent blood and dress Lady Macbeth in black or green to represent ambition and greed. It would be amazing to see how that would look on stage under the lights. I am guessing she will be doing the directing in their final project. Some of the students had some questions about the blog so we spent some time discussing how to change the time on their blogs so their posting time is correct and I spent some time with students who couldn’t get their blogs posted. I went over the blood ranks with the class and Garrett asked me how one team got so many points. I told him they have a good strategy where they get large parts and therefore more points. I am hoping this will convince his team that they need to spend more time taking parts. I know his team was the team that wasn’t very interested until I told them that in addition to cake they will win a homework pass and their lowest quiz grade dropped. Today at 5 is when both classes have their second blog posts due. I hope that they are good. The last ones were fairly good. Most of the students did well if they did the assignment.

No comments:

Post a Comment