Friday, March 4, 2011

Day 28: A Slow Start

Agenda-
Homeroom
Class: Pre-AP Sophomore English
Free Period
Class: AP Senior English
Lunch
Free Period

Today I saw their creative projects. They were alright. One group was complaining about not having all of their group members there so I told them they could go next time. The other two groups I made go today even though they were missing people too. The group of five was only missing one member. Rebels of Vindr was missing half of their group but they didn’t put a stink up about it and went today anyway. I probably shouldn’t have told SUF that they didn’t need to go today but I thought that Sam was in that group and I got a call saying she was having a bad day so I was going to let them wait. Later I realized that Sam is in the group of five. Apparently, I was not with it today. I went ahead and gave out points anyway. I gave Sangue Maxia 100 points for their scavenger hunt, then 75 points for The Rebels of Vindr for their poem they wrote and another 50 to The First Five for involving the class. If SUF had not whined about having to go today I probably would have given them points too. Now they are in last place. Surprisingly I didn’t hear any complaints when I handed out the points even though SUF hadn’t presented yet. Maybe they figure they will get points for it later? I don’t know. After that I had them sign up for parts. I could tell the whole class was exhausted and not with it today. I wasn’t with it either. I have been coughing a lot today. Anyway, they finished reading Act 1 of Macbeth and then I had them do their “oh snap” projects and present them. They were very amusing. The students had a lot of fun with them and it seemed like the project brought back a lot of their energy. They were arguing over who was going to go next and had to resolve it with rock, paper, scissors. The vice principal came by at one point and told us we were having too much fun. Then there was 10 minutes left in the class so we did the anagram challenge. They didn’t have as much time as the other class to work on this so they didn’t get as many points but a couple groups still managed to get up to another 100-200 points. The class started out slow but by the end it turned out well.

No comments:

Post a Comment