Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Day 35: English Is All About The Fun And Games

Agenda-
Homeroom
Class: Creative Writing
Class: Pre-AP Sophomore English
Class: AP Senior English
Lunch
Seminar

Today I did the obstacle course with my other sophomores. I made the course different from the one yesterday. I made this one easier. I took out all but one bomb and made the paths a little wider to navigate. They did a pretty good job with the course. No one took much longer than 6 minutes to complete it. However, no one was under the 5 minutes. One group, The Ghost of Banquo came really close but then one of their members stepped on the bomb and had to start over. I did end up giving out points. I gave Team Terrible 200 points for being the fastest, then 100 points to Team BA, 50 to The Ghost of Banquo and then 25 to Flynnpick. They should have picked to sit out. I told them that no one had completed the task in under 5 minutes yesterday. I would have sat out. They had a chance to get 500 points without doing anything! I guess they like to play. After the course we had plenty of time to start Act IV. When we got everything put back together I told them they could sign up for parts. They were all over it! They were pushing and shoving and crowding around the board. It didn’t get out of hand and it was fun to see them so excited to take on roles. I told them that if they are going to be this excited about the play after doing a challenge then maybe we should do more challenges. Unfortunately, I don’t think we will have time to do many more challenges. Their final projects will be due the 28th and 29th. Despite their excitement though I had a lot of problems with chit chat today. I think I am going to have to start taking off points for talking while people are reading. I wonder why they were so excited and then they spent so much time talking. It’s a little ridiculous. Maybe I built the energy up too much?

No comments:

Post a Comment