Thursday, March 10, 2011

Day 32: Act III

Agenda-
Homeroom
Class: Pre-AP Sophomore English
Free Period
Class: AP Senior English
Lunch
Free Period

Today I told the sophomores that if we got through all of Act III today we would do a fun challenge on Monday. They weren’t very enthusiastic at first but they were very quickly after I told them they had the opportunity to earn 500 points. I am going to design an obstacle course for them but I didn’t tell them that part. We did get through all of Act III and still had some time left over at the end. Some of the students seem very into acting and taking parts in the play, particularly this class and some of them don’t. The groups that have team members who take part every time have the most points. I suppose that is good because it means those groups are participating. And I usually get at least 1 or 2 from every group. However, I have been wondering if there is a way I could get the other teams more involved. I was hoping that when they saw the teams in the lead getting so many points by acting they would want to take more parts. I think it works some but not enough. Maybe there is a way to make reading Shakespeare more fun. I have to think about this some more.

No comments:

Post a Comment