Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Day 21: Puzzle Challenge

Agenda-
Accreditation
Creative Writing
Pre-AP Sophomore English
AP Senior English
Lunch
Study Hall
Homeroom

Today I did a Blood War Challenge with the Sophomores. The idea was to hand out the rules for the Blood War and then present them with a puzzle challenge. My hope was that the group that was split on Wednesday would get the rules and learn to work together better. It worked! We went over the rules and then I gave them a cipher to complete. Once the cipher was done I gave them a puzzle to put together. The group I was concerned about ended up working together really well. They were the first group to figure out the cipher and the second group to complete the puzzle. There was none of the fighting or the attitude problems that I saw on Monday. They actually looked like a really good team. The challenge also put them in second place in the Blood War overall and they are only 15 points away from catching up to the clan in first place. I am so impressed with them! I can’t wait to give them out their next challenge..

No comments:

Post a Comment