Friday, February 4, 2011

Day 13: Workshop

Agenda-
Homeroom
Class: Creative Writing
Class: Pre-AP Sophomore English
Class: AP Senior English
Lunch
Study Hall

Today I again played the name game from yesterday with the two English classes. In the senior English class I also did a small workshop on how to write a paper using another text to inform on the literature being analyzed. I used an example from a paper I had written to show them what we were looking for as well as a paragraph Ms. Doughty created about the play, Medea, that they are writing about in relation to a medical text in order to prove the character Medea has a mental illness. They seemed to grasp what I was trying to show them. Before I did the workshop they were all doing a really good job quoting a medical reference in regards to symptoms of the illness they thought Medea had but they weren’t quoting Medea. They were just giving examples of places where she showed that symptom. There were other problems as well in many of the papers but mostly with how to use quotes from two different sources. I am hoping that this will help improve their writing. They have been given the weekend to fix their papers up and then turn them in on Tuesday. I guess I won’t know if the workshop actually helped or not until then.

No comments:

Post a Comment