Friday, April 15, 2011

Day 58: Unproductive Day

Agenda:
Homeroom
Class: Pre-AP Sophomore English
Free Period
Class: AP Senior English
Lunch
Free Period

The sophomores were not terribly productive today. We discussed Night and then I gave out their Holocaust Victim Cards. We went over the rubric for the Holocaust Victim Memorial Wall. They didn’t have any questions on it. So, either the rubric and my instructions are very good or they were just tired. I think it was because it is the day before vacation. They weren’t as with it as they usually are. I could tell when I gave them time to take notes on their cards and do work on their scrapbooks that their hearts weren’t in it. They were up and about talking to their friends and just really not on task. Some of them were working and those students were able to ask me questions and that was good. If I was them I probably wouldn’t be doing work either so I can’t really blame them.

The seniors were the same way. They talked about Aurora Leigh but when I set them loose to edit poetry for their portfolio I knew they just weren’t into it. They were watching videos, cracking jokes, and browsing the web. At that point I knew that they weren’t here either. They were already day dreaming about vacation. I kind of wish I had come up with a game or something to do with both classes. Something fun but still semi-productive so that they would at least be on task. Vacation clearly makes everyone crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment