Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Day 56: Senioritis

Agenda-
Meeting
Class: Pre-AP Sophomore English
Free Period
Class: AP Senior English
Lunch
Free Period
Homeroom

The sophomores were not overly impressed when they realized they would be picking new seats every day. However, they handled the change well. We saw presentations and talked about Night. This class always has really good discussions.

The seniors talked about Aurora Leigh and I again got on the case of the students who hadn’t done any of the work. I went over meter with this group of seniors. They were a little overawed with how much work the meter poem was going to be. I told them about the deal. I will be interested to see if any of them take me up on the offer with the sonnet. Shawna might. She seems like she is a pretty good poet and I could see her wanting to stretch herself that little bit to try something new. I am really glad I decided to include the meter poem. Hannson found a website online that generates poems. The website does free form poetry only. So he might be able to cheat on the 6 free choice poems but the website doesn’t create sonnets. Also, they have to write a one page description of what their poetic style is. I think that if Hannson uses the site he will have a hard time doing that one page. I am worried about him though. He never comes to class prepared, his grades aren’t the best, and he doesn’t seem to do any work during class. His mother called Meg. Apparently she is worried as well. Hopefully Hannson gets it together soon and does well on the poetry portfolio.

No comments:

Post a Comment