Monday, May 9, 2011

Day 68: Fun and Games

Agenda-
Homeroom
Class: Creative Writing
Class: Pre-AP Sophomore English
Class: AP Senior English
Lunch
Study Hall

Today in creative writing we did more work on our background stories. I was working fairly diligently and I am almost done. However, I was very distracted, worse than most of the students. I checked the weather for the weekend, I looked stuff up, I talked about books. I was a little all over the place. Hopefully I will have the background done by next time because Mariah, Meg, and I need to write my death scene. And then Lifa will be done. This is really the biggest thing I need to wrap up for student teaching. I will be all done after this.

The sophomores were given time to work on their multi-genre projects. Vanessa put the finishing touches on her Holocaust memorial. I think tomorrow I will print out the ones that were emailed to Meg and myself. Once those are up I can grade that assignment. I am not going to wait any longer for the stragglers. A lot of the sophomores had their topics picked out already. I’m betting they are going to be awesome.

The seniors played a game and had their pizza today. They decided to play huggermugger. I had never played before. I think I understand the rules however, I wasn’t very good at it. They were much better than me. It was nice to just sit with them, play a game and eat some pizza. This group of girls is pretty close knit too but in a different way. They are all very comfortable with each other too. I like that. I like that in class they felt comfortable to ask me awkward questions (not this class but previous ones). I wish all classes could be like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment