Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Day 5: More Tests and More Surveys

Day 5:
Agenda-
Homeroom
Class: Research Writing
Class: Pre AP Sophomores
Class: AP Lit Seniors
Lunch
Study Hall

Today was another day of testing and grading. I took the time to work on my lesson plans and on my contextual analysis paper and a little on the wiki for the creative writing class we will have soon. I had the students take my surveys after they were done with their tests. So now I will have even more data to work with. Overall there have been a lot more linguistic kids now that I have given it to more students. It doesn’t really surprise me since they are all in AP or Pre AP. To be in those classes I would imagine that you would need some natural talent in English. The most interesting thing is that Interpersonal and Intrapersonal are almost evenly split down the middle. I wasn’t expecting that to happen. It will make classes interesting since I will have to decide if I should do group work or individual work. I wonder why the scores are so even like that. Maybe it has to do with the technology age? I suppose kids are doing more reflecting on themselves since blogs and twitter are so popular. But they are also plugged into their friends all the time because of cell phones, facebook and other social networking sites. It makes it easy to always be communicating with someone. I am looking forward to using this information in the classroom. I think it will be fun to try and incorporate their strengths and their interests into the class.

No comments:

Post a Comment