Monday, January 24, 2011

Day 4: Survey Says...

Day 4:
Agenda-
Homeroom
Class: Pre AP Sophomores
Free Period to Work on School Wide Rubrics
Class: AP Lit Seniors
Lunch
Prep Period

Today I did a little bit of teaching. I gave the class two surveys. The first one was to figure out what their multiple intelligences were and the second one was to find out what kinds of things they were interested in, how old they were, what languages they spoke and what they were good at. It is a start towards getting to know the students better. I was surprised by the number of students in my sophomore class who were musical. I really shouldn’t have been though. I have been observing that a number of them wear headphones while they are working on their writing projects during class time. I think that I am going to try and incorporate that into their final projects for the Macbeth unit I am starting to work on. Maybe add a musical element to the project or maybe give them an option to do an adaptation of Macbeth or a song. I don’t know. They are also really interpersonal so I am thinking there will be a lot of group work during class time to supplement along with the play. I am already starting to use the data to think about what things will work for this class.

No comments:

Post a Comment